ELIXiR PLUS Programme (STEM Talent Development)
As part of the Centre’s effort to outreach to schools in the East Zone and to cultivate the passion for learning Science, the ELIXiR+ Science Programme is extended to Upper Primary Students from schools in the East Zone.
|Introductory Class series
|STEM Design Challenge
|Eligible for: Upper Primary students
|Eligible for Primary 5 students only
|Comprises of 4 online modular classes of 1 to 1.5 hour each on ZOOM covering the following theme:
- Introduction to STEM
- Sustainability and Emerging Technology
- A Gentle Introduction to AI
- Introduction to Design Thinking
At each of each class, every student will be invited to a STEM game challenge and he/she can win exciting prizes
|Identified students will form a team of 4 (maximum 2 teams per school). They will be required to solve a challenge together as a team using the given material.
This challenge will take place online for a duration of 5 hours (inclusive of 2 hours of hands-on activity)
At the end of the challenge, each student from the top 3 teams will receive exciting prize.
This STEM Design Challenge will serve as the qualifying criteria to apply for DSA-STEM to Dunman Secondary School in 2022.
Students who are posted to Dunman Secondary School through the DSA-STEM programme will join a STEM related CCA as well as students in this CCA will be part of the ELIXiR+ programme.
The ELIXiR+ program aims to develop and support our Dunmanities from young STEM Innovators to STEM leaders. The table summaries the programme provided to support them.
- Involved in a 6-month project where they take on a solution centric approach to solve a school based problem.
- Formed a STEM Think-Tank where students interacts with others of the like-minded.
- Involved in the Tampines Citizen Program (Value-In-Action driven) where students will select a list of task provided by Tampines Council. They will create a propose and design a protocol to address the issue raised.
- Learning more Advanced technology
- Serve as a STEM Ambassador with their involvement in the ELIXiR+ programme for Primary School as well as the school open house.
|Sec 3 and 4
- Learn STEM Elective Module as part of their curriculum
- Outstanding student will be nominated for the A* Science Award
- STEM Advocates
- Singapore Science and Engineer Fair (SSEF)